Ethiopia mourns the lives lost of the plane crash

I first heard of the plane crash that happened in Ethiopia on Twitter over the weekend but I didn't actually take the time to read any articles until now. An article that I found talked about villagers that were near the site of where the plane crashed. The villagers shared the stories of what they were doing and what they heard when the plane had crashed. One person that was interviewed at the village is a father of three named Atlaw remembered what he was doing when he heard the plane crashed. "I was having breakfast before going to church when I saw a plane falling from the sky". "I heard four large explosions. I have never heard anything that loud". That particular village that he lived in lies about 500 meters from the site where the plane crashed. "Body parts were everywhere. Some were even burning. There was a massive fire".

"Although we don't yet know the cause of the accident, we had to decide to ground the particular fleet as extra safety precaution," the Ethiopian Airlines statement adds. Church services after the plane crash has become a place where people came to mourn and pray for the lives lost. I think it is very sad and also scary that there were no survivors of the plane crash. I still wonder what actually happened and what was the cause of the crash and I think about the lives lost and their family members and friends mourning.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The price of bread in Zimbabwe doubles

Rwanda tin mine collapses

African Union summit